The NSW property market will roll out the welcome mat from next weekend with agents and vendors able to hold traditional property inspections and on-site auctions after a six-week limited shutdown due to COVID-19.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet and Minister for Health Brad Hazzard said the relaxing of restrictions was a sign of the ongoing success in limiting the spread of COVID-19, but warned there was no place for complacency, with community safety and social distancing to remain an ongoing priority.
“Choosing a home is one of the biggest decisions anybody makes, and easing the restrictions to ensure people can more easily inspect, buy or rent a property is an important step for NSW,” Mr Perrottet said.
“The real estate industry has been adaptable in transitioning to online auctions, property inspections by appointment or online, and now as we make the move back to a more normal mode of operation we must ensure safety measures such as social distancing remain a key part of the process.”
Key health guidelines include:
- ensure physical distancing of greater than 1.5m is maintained
- promote good hygiene on premises and at auctions including hand sanitiser
- use digital platforms where possible to discourage physical contact
- keep detailed contact records of people attending open homes and auctions
- ensure people with any symptoms of illness do not attend a property
- manage the number of people entering small spaces
- consider extended times for open house viewings and inspections
- use outdoor venues for auctions wherever possible
- if auctions are held indoors, use large venues where physical distancing between household groups of one person per four square metres is possible.
REINSW president Leanne Pilkington said she was thrilled with the development and expected it would bring some confidence back to the sector.
“It’s a sign things are starting to get back to a little bit of normality and we all can’t wait for that,” she said.
“This will give people optimism. Vendors who were saying they wanted to sell but were waiting to see what would happen, this will give them enormous confidence to return to the market.”
// If you're ready to take the next step towards selling or leasing your property. Contact Us.