First impressions really do last when it comes to presenting your property for sale. That means a tidy and presentable interior and exterior, as many people will drive-by before deciding whether to inspect it on open days. Your property is usually just one in a very long list of properties a buyer will see, so it’s crucial that they see it in the best possible light. The more desirable your property appears, the better your sale price is likely to be.
It’s important to make sure your property looks its best from the moment it goes onto the market.
Renovation Quick Win Checklist
- Fresh Paint: Apply a fresh coat of paint both inside and outside the property. Neutral tones are generally appealing and create a blank canvas for potential buyers.
- Upgrade the Kitchen: Consider updating the kitchen with modern appliances, new benchtops, and cabinet hardware. A stylish and functional kitchen often attracts buyers.
- Bathroom Remodel: Upgrade the bathroom by replacing old fixtures, updating the vanity, and adding new tiles. A clean and contemporary bathroom can make a big difference.
- Landscaping: Enhance the property's curb appeal by investing in landscaping. Trim the lawn, plant flowers, and add some outdoor lighting to make the exterior more inviting.
- Flooring Improvement: Replace outdated or worn-out flooring with newer materials. Hardwood floors or quality laminate can add a touch of luxury.
- Energy-Efficient Upgrades: Consider installing energy-efficient features such as LED lighting, smart heating / cooling solutions, solar, and energy-efficient windows. This not only attracts eco-conscious buyers but also helps reduce utility costs.
- Storage Solutions: Create additional storage space by adding built-in shelves or cabinets. Buyers appreciate homes with ample storage options.
- Lighting Enhancements: Upgrade lighting fixtures throughout the property. Modern, well-placed lighting can enhance the ambiance and make spaces feel larger.
- Smart Home Features: Incorporate smart home technology, such as smart heating/cooling appliances, security systems, or smart lighting. These features can add a modern touch and appeal to tech-savvy buyers.
- Fix Structural Issues: Prioritise fixing any structural issues or necessary repairs. A well-maintained property is more likely to instill confidence in potential buyers.